A new BAS initiative is the development of an online (Internet based) Constituent Service Request System (CSRS) to allow residents to log requests and the municipality to track related actions and final resolution.
Preliminary Core Features and Functionality:
- Submit an application for a building permit
- Check the status of existing permit applications and permits
- Request a property inspection
- Submit a complaint or service request (e.g. watermain break or pot hole)
- The system will route the request to the appropriate department for review/action
- Check the status of an existing request
- Additional features will be added based on customer input
The System tracks each request and allows management to monitor the timeliness of responses and also to identify trends or problem areas that may need additional attention. For BAS clients, the system provides integration to the “back-end” software currently in use by the municipality.